We are pleased to present photographs by SVACE student Susana Rico! Susana created her artwork in conjunction with numerous courses, including:
- Photographic Identity: Artistic Self-Expression and Professional Application with Thorsten Roth
- Studio/Advertising Photography with Mario Calafatello
- Studio Lighting: What You Really Want to Know with Len Delessio
- Location and Event Photography with Joseph Sinnott
- Documentary Photography with Richard Schulman
Susana Rico grew up in Setúbal, Portugal and the French part of Switzerland. She returned to Portugal and completed her Marketing and Advertising degree, in Lisbon, in 2005. In 2009, she moved to London to learn English and one year later, left to work in Zurich, Switzerland.
During a trip to Bali, Indonesia in 2011, she felt in love with the beauty of the images taken and started to take her camera everywhere. Being exposed to different languages and cultures ever since childhood made her become extremely aware of her surroundings and she developed a particular taste for street photography and documentary. The choice of unique characters and subcultures are also imminent in her work. Her photographic style features strong contrasts and extremely bright colors.
Susana believes that beauty is perception and that everything and everybody has its own beauty. Her motto: “Always put your soul, creativity and love in everything you do.” Susana is currently based in New York.